Saturday, May 12, 2007

An Open Invitation

The quarterly debate between the University of Washington Young Democrats and College Republicans will be held at 7:00 p.m. on May 30, in Gowen 301. More information, via the Facebook invitation, can be reached here. Usually, they draw 100+ spectators and range in tone from a serious discussion of the issues to light-hearted partisan banter to caustic personal barb-trading. This quarter's (working) resolutions:
  • Handguns should be outlawed in the United States.
  • Capital punishment should be abolished in the United States.
I'm not sure if I'll actually be debating, but I'm slated to work on the capital punishment resolution. (Between you and me, dear reader, I'm pretty sure outlawing all handguns is grossly unconstitutional. But if anyone can make the case - and be very aggressive and entertaining in doing so - that person is Max Wagner.)

No comments: