Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A Fairly Pleasant Surprise from the Daily

I suppose I’ll clear the air – I’m no great fan of the Daily’s Opinion section. In fact, I was confused by the Monday iDaily, because I had thought that Celeste Flint’s revision of American history in last Friday’s issue was the big April Fool's surprise.

But I like to think that I give credit where credit is due, and today Hanady Kader gave us an interesting and reasonably well-composed background of Iraqi-Iranian maritime territorial disputes. I shy away from her implication that the media hasn’t given the Iranian perspective on the (former) hostage crisis a balanced hearing – sometimes balance is simply incompatible with accuracy – but this is the kind of article I like to see in the official newspaper of a school as renowned as UW.

No comments: